Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Cycling Week 2

Mon 7/11/2011- Off, just biking to work and back. Legs are tired.
Miles: 0

Tues 7/12/2011 - A nice ride up to Lexington and back. 50 min. Feeling a bit restless, like my legs were almost itching for some sort of hard ride.
Miles: 15

Weds 7/13/2011 - 4x 5 minutes LT intervals at Mystic River Parkway. Felt pretty good, but legs got pretty tired pretty quickly. I really had to pump myself up to push up to a HR of 180 on the last one. Started late so I only rode about 71 or 72 minutes. A decent workout, but legs still have a ways to go.
Miles: 25

Thurs 7/14/2011 - I can't for the life of me remember where I went, but it was easy and an hour-ish.
Miles: Call it 15

Friday 7/15/2011 - To the top of strawberry Hill Rd again out of Concord. A good ride, although I had a hard time getting the HR up to 150, even with my new wave hits of the 80s playlist rockin. I think I got the HR up to 160s on the hill itself but on the way back I was doing more like 140. Pretty tired afterwards! Legs getting that 'hard to walk down stairs' feeling! 2hrs 40 minutes.
Miles: 50.

Sat 7/16/2011 - Easy ride to lexington along the minuteman trail with roommate Mike, who ride my yellow and blue Masi. Nice and Slow! Felt ok on the way back. 1 hr 20.
Miles: 17

Sun 7/17/2011- Got back quite late from climbing at Rumney due to terrible traffic on the 93 S. So much for another long ride. Hot! Mystic River loop at a decent clip. Got the worst chain derailment of my life. Somehow I managed to twist my chain around my crankshaft with a winding number of 2! It took my at least 5 minutes to figure out the friggen topology of the thing. I guess I should finally tighten up all those loosening cables.
Miles: 15

No comments: