Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Summer Base Week 6: A jump in mileage

6/16/08- Legs still kinda tired. Hot 5 p.m. Huntington Virginia down Canterbury and then to softball. Ran into Ian and Katherine and ran a mile with them easy.
Miles: 5.6

6/17/08- Awesome summer full moon midnight lower arroyo (night variant) with Dennis. Started out easy, slowly picking up the pace to a comfortable 7:45 pace by the end. Excellent run.
Miles: 8.5

6/18/08- Medium easy Huntington backwards from Lloyd, to san Pasqual. I thought I was going pretty slow but apparently it only took 46:48. That’s a solid 7:11 min pace. I don’t believe I was actually going that fast I think I must have forgotten to start at a light and forgot to stop at a later one. Probably more like 8-8:15 pace.
Miles: 6.5

6/19/08- The great Eaton Canyon midnight adventure. Legs were feeling un injured and pretty good through the day so I decided I would go for an epic long run. Unfortunately I choose something a bit too demanding. N hill was fine but felt a little too hard. I still felt pretty good once I reached Altadena Dr. and had descending down to the base of Eaton Canyon. Once I started the climb up the ridge, I really started to feel it. Once of the fire roads was blocked off as private, which I think is wrong, so I had to back track all the way around. Once I had made it down to Sierra madre my legs had already crashed. I slowly made my way back but really bonked on San Pasqual. Somehow made it back alive and I think uninjured. 1:45.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2004999
Miles: 13

6/20/08- Easy Huntington Virginia. Legs better than I was expected but stomach was bothersome.
Miles: 5.1

6/21/08- Afternoon swim of 500 yards. Lower Arroyo. Tired, not so much the legs, just overall tired. 68 minutes.
Miles: 8.2

6/22/08- Awesome day vacation to Malibu-El Matador Beach with some ocean swimming (~2-300 yards off shore and back) and some barefoot walking to Malibu Seafood to Solstice canyon for a 2.5 mile hike.
Miles: 3 walking

Weekly Miles: 47 + 3 hiking

No comments: