Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Summer Training Weeks 4&5: The wrath of finals

6/2/08- Huntington + medium easy,legs feeling a bit tired but generally good.
Miles: 7.3

6/3/08- Nice Lacy slightly longer way reverse with Dennis. Legs tired but feeling okay. Finals tough.
Miles: 5

6/4/08- Concordi LT Treadmill test with Ian, Chief, and Dennis. Max HR 202, LT at between 178-184 at 8.5-8.6 mph (7 minute pace) That seems about right but hopefully we can lower this to 6:30 or 6:20 pace by the middle of the season. Later we will do a treadmill workout and I might bring my HR monitor along on some runs. 4 laps N field warm-up and Lacy and back cool down.
Miles: 5.75

6/5/08- Nice huntingson variant medium-easy with Chief. 53 minutes for 6.7 miles at 7:55 ish pace. Legs getting tired!
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1964797
Miles: 6.75

6/6/07- Slow, easy Huntington Virginia plus warmup across campus. If my legs are tired and getting better/not hurt, that’s a very good thing. Now that my legs are healing up, I can add in some more variation into my runs.
Miles: 5.5

6/7/08- Very tough full Arroyo. Legs were fairly tired but not ridiculous. Really felt labored for the beginning, but kept going, got really bad the last 2 miles. This shows two things, one that I’m in pretty horrible shape, and the other that I need to listen to my body more and do things when they feel right. Also this has been 49 miles in 7 days, too much.
Miles: 10.5

6/8/08- Very homework filled off day. Legs tired in the morning but not horribly so. A bit of swelling in my L knee but much less than I expected, went down during the day. Still iced. I think I will do my long run mid week, but I will have to do it much more by feel, but 12-14 is hard to do solely on feel. Possible options are a grass extravaganza, epic trail run from RB to the damn, run to the hills, or chief style out and back. I would like one run to be a trial run and climb some, regardless. Also I must break out the ice bath.
Miles: 0

Weekly Miles: 41

6/9/08- Legs feeling much better, still tired. Medium Huntington with Dave at 5 p.m., warm out, at least much warmer than 1 a.m. Need to get used to heat, but a good run.
Miles: 6.4

6/10/08- Really outstanding run. Headed N on Hill to end, then Holliston, and back and Lake/Michigan/Hill. Was originally going for time but ended up going a bit longer. I thought my legs were going to be dead or hurting but instead they were full of energy. A nice surprise. A nice quick pace on the way down, averaged 8:15 pace. 74.5 minutes.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=1980020
Miles: 9

6/11/08- NFTC beer mile championships, 2nd place 18 minutes DFL. Ow my stomach.
Miles: 1.5

6/12/08- I should have stretched and warmed up properly yesterday. Nice medium easy run with Chief Huntington to los Robles back up by Lacy. 66 Minutes
Miles: 7.5

6/13/08- Hungry Tu Madre, legs, self out of energy. Tripped over a big water main thing in grass, foot a bit bloody and bruised but seems okay.
Miles: 5.5

6/14/08- Moving day, exhausted. Day off is good.
Miles:0

6/15/08- Legs still tired from moving. Garfield long way plus a bit extra slow. 62 minutes.
Miles: 7

Weekly Miles: 37

6/16/08- Legs still kinda tired. Hot 5 p.m. Huntington Virginia down Canterbury and then to softball. Ran into Ian and Katherine and ran a mile with them easy.
Miles: 5.6

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sachith said...

hai thur,

update plz.

kthxbai.

-Sachith

Seriously (Srsly!) though, what's going on Garrett? How's tech without everyone :(