Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Base Week 7: some great running

6/23/08 – Nice Huntington after group softball game. I was on my feet all day and so they seemed really tired at the start of the run, but seemed to loosen up nicely.
Miles: 6

6/24/08- Awesome dusk Full Arroyo from Lloyd in 85.5 minutes. Started out nice and easy (actually was 8 min pace!) and then gradually picked it up feeling really strong the whole way. I have forgotten how smart it is to start easy and gradually pick it up, and how much I love the arroyo at dusk. The whole thing averaged 8 minute pace, which is good for the hill. Quality running. I have also decided that I can pull of 75 mile weeks with smart double days. R Achilles a bit tight, but things looking good.
Miles: 10.6

6/25/08- A nice chill evening huntingson. Note chill, not chilly. It was quite humid and really reminded me of home. I actually miss home and my friends quite a bit. I need to work out plans for going back.
Miles: 7

6/26/06- Eichenlaub grassy special with Dennis, started out slow, ended up medium. Late, not feeling super good. I hope Dennis will be around next year.
Miles: 9

6/27/08- Group softball practice at 4 p.m. and then very easy night Lacy long way from Lloyd. Very easy and relaxed. 38 minutes for 4.5 miles
Miles: 5.5

6/28/08- Very nice half marathon progressions run. I was bored and I decided it was time to put my plans into action: I did the Penis run (slightly modified as shown below). Much better than the last 13 miler I did, plus I did over 2 miles of walking around campus earlier in the day. With 4 miles to go started to accelerate until I was running a very nice 7:45-7:30 pace or so in the last stretch down California/campus. Knees a bit swollen at times but in quite good shape. Man this was a good week.
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2030745
Miles: 13.2

6/29/08- Was going to swim but missed the pool hours. Decided to fix up and get back on the bike. Nice easy 11 mile ride to and around the Rose Bowl with Todd. Bike still needs work and will definitely take it to Steve’s. Legs feeling surprisingly great!
Miles: (11)

Weekly Miles: 51 + (11)

No comments: