Friday, July 6, 2007

Getting Back Into It

I woke up this morning and for about 10 whole minutes I completely forgot any part of me was ever injured. Maybe I'll try 4 miles today, sobre el asped, por su puesto. I think I spelled asped wrong. Yeah so good news. This is quite similiar to the start I had last year. Last year, I began running June 28th, every other day, with 3-4 milers. Of course last year, I had basically taken 4 months off without exercising at all, not to mention I didn't have two pretty solid seasons of long distance running behind. So, maybe I can't make good on Ian's prediction of getting down to the 30s or under, but I definitely think I can be faster than last year, especially with smart and efficient training. In the spirit of Ians drunken predictions, I want to make some predictions too, just for fun:

Matt K 25s-26s-- yea I think he can break 26 minutes if he gets his mileage up w.o injury
Dave R 26-27s-- He just needs to put in the milage, but I think a return to his frosh year 26:43 is completely plausible
A new Kid (anton or sacith) <29. Not sure which, but both new kids are quite strong.
Steve +Chris 29s The are certainly working hard now that its their last year and were getting pretty fast last year. I think its reasonable for both of them
Ben F- 30s If he trains, which is a big ? He might hold off the inevitable decline
Other new kid -30s
Jon T 30s- Seems to be working pretty hard. Althought injury ruined both his last seasons, he is pretty talented
Me- 30s-32s- A big ? considering the unpredictability of my performance in races and the yet again late start in my training. I think I can get into the 32s for sure. I think last year if I didn't oversleep Riverside I could have broke 33 there.
Ben + Paul+ Tommy?: 33s- Paul is pretty talented but his work level is pretty low and Ben seems to be try pretty hard. So same time for Paul, improvement for Ben

There are other people I am sure I am forgetting (including girls but ill steer clear of that one), including potential other frosh like me. From what I gather looking back, Kangway was the big recruit of our year, having run 16s for 5k along with, Ben Flora, with Jon, Paul, and Me being ?s. So one of the frosh could be a flake, although I would say Sachith, who I talk to a good deal, seems to be really working hard. Hopefully he won't get injured. Oh yeah here is my training:

7/4/07- Ran 3 miles around Lacy. Over a mile on pavement due to 4th of july celebration. Felt alright.

Miles: 3

7/5/07- Ran 5 laps around the interior field of Lacy. Foot painless.

Miles: 2

No comments: