Friday, July 6, 2007

Polar HR monitor + VO2 max test

So I finnnnalllllly got my Polar S725X cycling computer/HR monitor in the mail today. Turns out pay pal refused to put MSCs on the packages, making them take ages to arrive here. So i put on speed sensor and got everything set up. I also noticed that the S725X model comes with a test for your " ownIndex ", apparently their best guess at your VO2 max based on only HR stuff. So I decided I would take the ownIndex test right now just to see what it was. I took at at about 4:30 pm, middle of the day, nothing special. My resting HR is 53 and my VO2 max is 67. Ill keep testing occasionally and see where it goes.

1 comment:

kangway said...

That is an interesting reading of 67. I think mine is in the low 70's according to OwnIndex. My resting heart rate is in the mid 60's, so it's interesting that heart rate variability (as the manuals say), actually do factor pretty big into the equations.